Thursday, February 27, 2014

The magic of intent

        "Magic" has always had an appeal to me, even though I don't strictly speaking believe in it. What I believe in is the power of my mind. The power of associations, the power of intent.

         I believe that if I give meaning to something, on some level, it affects my performance.

         Today I created a confidence oil blend. A number of the essential oils I picked actually correspond to confidence according to people who at least pretend to know what they're talking about, but it doesn't really matter in the end (a bit of oil on my wrist isn't gonna affect my brain much). The point is that I put the intent of strengthening my confidence level into this formula, and I was thinking in terms of solar energy plus a bit of rose for love, and I added a tiny amount of glitter than still managed to give it a golden glowey color in the bottle. I added a bit of my voice tincture for communication.

           The point is that whenever I use it I am telling myself, "Today I will make progress in being strong and confident."

           Call it magic, call it positive thinking, call it what you will. But I have a hard time calling it bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment