Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Travel

     For the past couple months or so, I've been planning on travelling this semester. This has already changed form quite a bit... Mostly in terms of time, and taking sleeping in my car out of the equation because otherwise my mom wouldn't let me go. But anyway. The idea was that I need to get out and explore, go get myself lost, and hopefully find myself a little better in the process. I seriously don't think things have been any bleaker for me than they were when my thoughts started going in that direction., and I guess I was a little desperate for something to trigger change. I felt like I needed to go on some grand adventure to trigger some kind of profound change.

    So here I am, frustrated because I can't figure out how to make this work. I would've been fine if work actually gave me decent hours, but... ha. Apparently they are incapable of that. So my trip keeps shrinking, and I'm still trying to figure out where the perfect point would be in terms of efficiency.

    Here's the thing though... my adventure keeps shrinking, but I keep realizing more and more that I don't really need to go off exploring for months. I still really want to make this trip happen in some form of other, I still believe that it would have benefits. But it is not as though I need to escape home to change who I am; I am getting better already. I think, anyway.  I'm not waiting on travel for my period of figuring things out, I'm already there.

No comments:

Post a Comment